Statements of Corporate Philosophy
Mission (What We Do)
Working Together with our clients, service providers and stakeholders, SynergyAspen provides comprehensive environmental consulting services. We assess risk, manage solutions, and restore our environment in an innovative, value added manner
Our Values (Our Moral Compass)
We want our specific and individual behaviours to measure up to our corporate values. In doing so, SynergyAspen will achieve success in a way in which every employee can be proud. Our path to success is as important as our achievements, and as a team we share the responsibility of living up to the values and behaviours we determine to be worth achieving.
We are not afraid to do different things or to do things differently.
Our drive for continuous improvement is relentless. We encourage the sharing of new ideas and challenging those that are tightly held. We achieve our goals and ensure our work is on scope, on time, and on budget. We do this by holding ourselves and each other accountable, by following and improving systems and procedures where they exist, developing them where they do not, and by using evidence-based thinking. We work with a written plan which we evaluate and revise as needed. We execute our plans.
We are one team regardless of location or role, and we help each other.
We respect each other. We do so by admitting our mistakes, our weaknesses, and our concerns without fear of reprisal. We provide feedback that is truthful, respectful, and constructive. We are polite and kind, speaking positively about those with whom we work. We participate and communicate, actively listening and then responding. We do not improperly influence others or allow others to influence us improperly. We are all committed to maintaining a workplace free of intimidation, harassment, and bullying.
Everyone should benefit from our work.
Working collaboratively is in our DNA. We seek mutual success by taking the time to understand others and then trying to be understood. We act in ways that benefit everyone, and we recognize that our community and our environment sit at our table. We strive first for consensus, and where it cannot be achieved, uphold corporate decisions in a manner loyal to our values.
We are mindful of our actions and our surroundings considering how they might impact ourselves and others.
We recognize that our entire business is related to safety; and transcends the safety of the environment. We strive to ensure that in everything we do, the health and safety of ourselves, our co-workers, industry colleagues, and communities is the top priority. We will always communicate, mitigate and avoid potential hazards and risks.
- • Not resorting to blame when things go wrong
- • Owning our mistakes and weaknesses and seeking to productively move forward
- • Providing helpful feedback that is honest, timely, and well intentioned
- • Showing professionalism and courtesy no matter the context
- • Speaking positively about others
- • Listening before we pass judgement
- • Valuing the facts over our opinions
- • Communicating with each other and taking the time to minimize misunderstandings
- • Insisting on an intimidation, harassment, and bully free workplace by speaking up if we have concerns
- • Prioritizing collaborative solutions
- • Striving for consensus where possible, and supporting corporate decisions where it is not
- • Taking actions that benefit all parties involved
- • Sharing information
- • Meeting deadlines, achieving our objectives, and learning from our successes and failures
- • Capitalizing on opportunities for ourselves and others
- • Following systems and procedures, and where they fail suggest improvements
- • Sees something wrong and challenges it
- • Offers our help freely whenever the opportunity presents itself
- • Behaves respectfully towards another even if we do not agree
- • Uses evidence and facts to determine the truth
- • Communicates clearly
- • Focuses on the positive
- • Is respectful of others’ time and efforts
- • Will never stop looking for ways to improve our company, our communities, and ourselves
- • Will not improperly influence others or allow others to improperly influence us